Hey fellow fantasy basketball fanatics, did you draft Javale Mcgee? Did you pick Josh Hart with your late-round flyer? Did you gamble with Montrezl Harrell? In this piece, we will look at the status of the players who you might overlooked during your drafts. We will randomly choose players who are outside top 100 of Yahoo ADP. Here we go.
1. Javale Mcgee: Y!Adp9=110, Current Rank=23 – The journeyman Javale Mcgee is having a nice year with the Lakers. He is averaging 15.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, and a massive 3.0 BPG while shooting 64.1% FG. The former warrior bench is currently the best center in the Lakers lineup. In one of my fantasy basketball leagues, Mcgee was autopicked and the manager was disappointed that time. I’m very sure he is delighted right now.
2. Montrezl Harrell: Y!Adp9=143, Current Rank=26 – Montrezl Harrell is outplaying Marcin Gortat. In the last 3 games, Harrell is averaging 19.67 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 1.67 SPG, 2.33 BPG and a whopping 74.8% FG. He had a slow start, and we even saw Boban Marjanovic being used more in some early games but small-ball and quick opponents exposed Boban’s weakness. Harrell isn’t gonna give up his backup center role to Boban anytime soon and Montrezl might even takeover as the starting center.
3. Danny Green: Y!Adp9=136, Current Rank: 34 – Last year, Danny Green finished with a rank of 122 in 9cat H2H. This year, he had an amazing start and the 3 and D wing of the Raptors is averaging 11.2 PPG, 3.0 3PG, 1.0 SPG and 1.2 BPG. He looks very confident out there playing with Kawhi and the Raptors and is currently shooting 44% FG. Seems like a resurgence year for Danny Green.
4. Josh Hart: Y!Adp9=131, Current Rank: 69 – The 2018 Summer League MVP is playing very well and is averaging 14.5 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 1.3 APG, 2.0 SPG and 2.5 3PG. He continues to impress and was currently promoted to the starting lineup because of the recent slump of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Hart is having a top 70 value right now and he is poised to have a nice year in fantasy as the starting SG of the Lakers.
5. Caris Levert: Y!Adp9=133, Current Rank: 56 – The former 2016 20th overall pick is having an amazing start and posting averages of 21.0 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 4.0 APG, 1.0 3PG while shooting 52.0% FG and 84.6% FT. The defensive stats are still not there, 0.8 SPG and 0.4 BPG, and TOs are awful at 3.0 TPG but he has certainly outplayed his ADP and he’s not showing signs of slowing down even after the return of Allen Crabbe and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
That’s it. These are the guys who are currently performing well and outplaying their Yahoo ADPs. You might check them out in your leagues and see if they are still available or you might want to offer them to other managers and sell high. Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article after the 9 game slate of October 27, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on twitter @fantasybbcrew.
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.ocregister.com/