While our opponents are still busy streaming in week 5, let’s have a glimpse of the available free agents and look for the NBA schedule of the upcoming week. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options at fantasy basketball you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 6. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Collin Sexton (44% owned) – In the last 4 games, Collin Sexton is averaging 18.8 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.8 threes and a very efficient 48.4% FG shooting. In that period, he is only top 148 in standard 9-category H2H league but he played a whopping 35.7 minutes per game. If you don’t mind his poor steal rate, you may consider him in the upcoming week because the Cleveland Cavaliers will play 4 games and Sexton will be usable in some leagues especially while George Hill is out.
- Patrick Beverley (22% owned) – Shai-Gilgeous Alexander is supposedly here if only he is available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues. Instead we pick Pat Bev for this spot. The defense-oriented point guard of the LA Clippers is up and down this season and while Shai-Gilgeous Alexander continues to impress, we could still see some good games from Beverley if Avery Bradley continues to be out (watch out for any update). The Clippers will have 4 games in week 6 and some favorable match ups against ATL and WAS. Patrick Beverley is a top 80 player in standard 9-category H2H in the last 5 games when Bradley was out.
- Mike Muscala (8% owned) – The Philadelphia 76ers needed to fill the PF spot vacated by Dario Saric who was recently traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Wilson Chandler is currently their starting Power Forward but is still on a 20-minute restriction as of this time (watch out for any update). In the last 3 games, Mike Muscala averaged 9.0 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.3 3PM in 28.7 minutes per game. In the upcoming week with the Sixers playing 4 games, Muscala can be a good source of out-of-position 3s and modest rebounds. He isn’t shooting very well yet but the opportunities are there for him right now.
- Juancho Hernangomez (7% owned) – After 2 straight losses of the Denver Nuggets, Juancho got promoted to the starting lineup. In his first 2 games as a starter, he was quite invisible although playing an average of 34.4 minutes per game. In his last outing he had a breakout with 25 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 2 threes in 75% FG shooting. Although that was a blowout win and he had every opportunity to showcase his skills, the good news is they won, so the starting gig might continue for a while. He could be a nice stream in week 6 with the Nuggets having 4 games.
- Allonzo Trier (11% owned) – Just like Juancho, Allonzo also got the nod to start for the New York Knicks. In his last outing vs the New Orleans Pelicans, he played 32.3 minutes and scored 11 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block and 1 3PM. There is still uncertainty if he will stick at the starting lineup but coach David Fizdale likes playing the young guys. He is worthy of a speculative add and a nice stream in the upcoming week with the New York Knicks having 4 games.
TOR and BOS have the easiest match ups in week 6. Both teams have 4 games and I could see some games could be blowout wins. Terry Rozier is supposedly here but he is currently rostered in 52% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues. You may find some other players below who can be useful but can be limited to deep leagues only.
- Fred Vanvleet (44% owned) – more valuable in a blowout game
- OG Anunoby (8% owned) – more valuable in a blowout game and if Kawhi is rested in b2b
- Delon Wright (3% owned) – steals specialist, more valuable in a blowout game
Week 6 is a wonderful moment for Fantasy Basketball because it features 20 NBA teams playing 4 games each and the remaining 10 teams play 3 games. There are no NBA teams playing 2 games and below next week.
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 6:
With 4 games:
- Monte Morris (16% owned)
- Trey Lyles (15% owned)
- DeMarre Carroll (16% owned) – coach Atkinson might need him if Allen Crabbe continues his slump but temper your expectations
- Shelvin Mack (21% owned)
- Mikal Bridges (3% owned) – worthy of a speculative add in deep leagues
- Derrick White (39% owned)
- Bryn Forbes (15% owned)
- Jeremy Lin (11% owned) – tough match ups in week 6, could be blowout losses and more opportunities again for Lin
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 10 game slate of November 17, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.givemesport.com