Belated Happy Thanksgiving fellow Fantasy Junkies! Let’s have a glimpse of the available free agents and look for the NBA schedule of the upcoming week. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options at fantasy basketball you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 7. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Cody Zeller (23% owned) – In the last 4 games, Cody Zeller is averaging 10.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists while shooting 55.9% from the field and 100% from the line. In that span, he was a top 95 player in standard 9-cat H2H. The Charlotte Hornets will play 4 games in week 7 with favorable match ups against ATL and NOR, and Zeller is a nice low end stream for owners looking for big man stats without hurting percentages.
- Bryn Forbes (24% owned) – If you are looking for a 3-point specialist in week 7, Bryn Forbes could be your guy. In 18 games this season, he has more 3-pointers than Evan Fournier and Gary Harris. He is applicable in some builds only because he doesn’t provide help in other categories (1.8 RPG, 2.2 APG and 0.8 SPG). In standard 9-cat H2H, he is ranked 146th only, but when ignoring assists, he is more valuable than De’Aaron Fox and Jeff Teague. Feel free to stream Forbes in week 7, where the Spurs will play 4 games including favorable match ups against CHI, MIN and POR.
- Mikal Bridges (16% owned) – Mikal Bridges started in the last 4 out 5 games of the Phoenix Suns. In that span, he registered a combination of solid games as well as subpar performances. Entering week 7, I’m still buying the hype of the 10th overall pick of the 2018 NBA draft, who was regarded as an elite 3 and D prospect out of Villanova. In the upcoming week, the Phoenix Suns will play 4 games and Bridges isn’t a must start player yet, but the Suns are giving him opportunities this early which makes him worthy of a speculative add.
- Tomas Satoransky (11% owned) – The Washington Wizards is in disarray right now, they are currently at the 11th spot of the East standings with a 6-11 Win-Loss card. It was also reported that there are no players exempted in possible trade talks for the Wizards, including John Wall and Bradley Beal. While there is a melodrama inside the Wizards, Tomas Satoransky became a bright spot recently. Coach Scott Brooks spoke highly of him and said “he needs to get Sato more minutes”. In the last 6 games, Tomas is averaging 8.5 points, 2.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.3 steals while shooting 59.4% from the field and 90% from the line. In that period he was the top 72 player in standard 9cat H2H. He could be a nice stream in week 7 as the Wizards will play 4 games.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (40% owned) – In the last 4 games while Rondo was out, KCP is averaging 11.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 1.5 threes. In that stretch he was just top 112 in standard 9cat H2H because he is just shooting 34.3% from the field. The good news is he is now averaging 26.9 minutes per game. Rajon Rondo will still be weeks away and that would mean more opportunities for KCP. The Los Angeles Lakers will play 4 games in week 7 and Pope is a nice stream for owners looking for threes and steals.
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 7:
With 4 games:
- Kelly Oubre Jr. (41% owned) – started the last 2 games, the only problem is consistency
- Richaun Holmes (2% owned) – blocks specialist
- Aaron Holiday (3% owned) – Oladipo could be back but worthy of a speculative add
- Ryan Arcidiacono (7% owned) – still logging huge minutes
- Shaq Harrison (1% owned) – steals specialist
- David Nwaba (3% owned) – steals specialist
With 3 games:
- Jeremy Lin (23% owned) – just like in week 6, more valuable in blowout games
- Reggie Bullock (12% owned) – 3-point specialist
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 7 game slate of November 24, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.nba.com