If you are looking for the top waiver wire options at fantasy basketball you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 8. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Alec Burks (9% owned) – Alec Burks was recently traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Kyle Korver and he immediately made an impact. In his debut with the Cavs he registered 15 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Although he didn’t make a three and he only shot 36.4% from the field, he managed to salvage his line with his counting stats. Burks had a 25.3% usage rate in his debut, which is a good sign and that could continue because the Cavaliers badly needs a wing scorer right now. He could be a very nice add/stream in the upcoming week because I find the Cleveland Cavaliers schedule as the best sched in week 8. That includes match ups against GSW, SAC and WAS.
- Mason Plumlee (11% owned) – Mason Plumlee is averaging 8.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.6 steals, 1.8 blocks while shooting 62.1% from the field and with only 0.8 turnover through his last five games. In that span, he is a sneaky top 33 player in 9-category H2H while only playing 18 minutes per game. The Denver Nuggets will play 4 games in week 8 in what could be an arguably second best schedule in the upcoming week. After a tough match up with TOR, they will face ORL, CHA and ATL. Mason Plumlee is a nice stream in week 8 if you need big man stats with some out-of-position assists and some bonus cash counters.
- Juancho Hernangomez (27% owned) – The Denver Nuggets is on a 5 game winning streak. Aside from Mason Plumlee, another contributor for the Nuggets’ recent success is Juancho Hernangomez. Since taking over that starting small forward spot, he is averaging 11.9 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 2.1 3-pointers, while shooting 48.2% from the field and 85.7% from the line. Juancho is a top 87 player in 9-category H2H in that 10-game period. Mason and Juancho could be a nice combo stream in week 8.
- Tim Frazier (11% owned) – The 28 year old NBA journeyman recently got the starting gig for the New Orleans Pelicans and he responded competently. As the Pelicans starting guard once again, Tim Frazier is averaging 9.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 10.5 assists and 1.5 3-pointers while playing 30.6 minutes per game. Elfrid Payton will be out for eight weeks due to sprained ankle and broken finger and Tim Frazier could be a good pickup for owners who are looking for a point guard, especially those who are in dire need of assists. The New Orleans Pelicans will play 4 games in week 8.
- Elie Okobo (18% owned) – The Phoenix Suns finally decided to waive Isaiah Canaan. Here comes the french man who, earlier this season showed us that he can put up some quality games. In the last 2 games, Elie Okobo is averaging 14 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 3-pointers and 2 steals while shooting 52.2% from the field. That is enough to make him a top 50 9-category player in that stretch. He already overcome Mikal Bridges in usage rate and I will add Okobo in week 8 even though the Suns will only play three games because he is worthy of a speculative add even beyond the upcoming week.
Week 8 Guide:
8 NBA teams playing 4 games:
Cleveland Cavaliers, Denver Nuggets, Detroit Pistons, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, San Antonio Spurs, New Orleans Pelicans, Toronto Raptors
20 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Clippers,Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, Utah Jazz, Washington Wizards
2 NBA teams playing 2 games:
Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 8:
With 4 games:
- Reggie Bullock (12% owned) – 3-point specialist
- DeMarre Carroll (8% owned – just needs to be healthy and consistent
- Bryn Forbes (21% owned) – 3-point specialist
- Derrick White (9% owned) – has 3 consecutive games with solid minutes
With 3 games:
- Kyle Korver (6% owned) – 3-point specialist
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 7 game slate of December 1, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.thebirdwrites.com (Credit: Stephen Lew-USA TODAY Sports)