Week 9 of Fantasy Basketball is almost here. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 9. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- J.J. Barea (28% owned) – In the last 7 games, J.J. Barea is averaging 15.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.1 steals, 1.1 3-pointers and just 1.9 turnovers per game, while shooting 49.4% from the field and 75.0% from the line. In that period, Barea was ranked 97th in standard 9-category H2H. The Dallas Mavericks has the most favorable schedule in week 9, wherein they will play 4 games, including match ups against ATL, PHO and SAC. J.J Barea will be a nice add/stream in week 9 for owners looking for some points and assists.
- Terry Rozier (44% owned) – Aside from the Dallas Mavericks, another team that has a very good schedule in week 9 is the Boston Celtics. They will also play 4 games, including match ups against NOR, WAS and ATL. Terry Rozier is one player i will look for if I am in a deep league and want to stream in week 9. In the last 4 games, Rozier is averaging 10.5 points, 4.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.8 3-pointers, while shooting 47.1% from the field and 75.0% from the line. Except against DET, the Celtics will have favorable match ups next week and Rozier could be in line for some great usage and should be a nice stream.
- De’Anthony Melton (8% owned) – The Phoenix Suns have been in a mess recently. They just lost there 8th game in a row and they aren’t looking good. If i could, i would stay away with Phoenix Suns in Fantasy Basketball because of the weird rotations that coach Igor Kokoskov is doing lately. But if i’m in a deep league and want to take a chance, i will look for De’Anthony Melton. He is one of the bright spots in the Suns right now. In the last 3 games, Melton is averaging 13.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 2.0 3-pointers per game while shooting 48.5% from the field and 66.7% from the line. He has a 9th round value in standard leagues in that 3-game period. In case you want to know, Elie Okobo only has a 2oth round value in that same period. The Phoenix Suns will play 4 games in week 9 and Melton is worthy of a speculative add.
- Alec Burks (16% owned) – After being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Alec Burks is averaging 14.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.2 3-pointers and just 1.4 turnovers per game, while shooting 39.3% from the field and 85.7% from the line. In that span, he is ranked 120 in standard 9-category H2H. However, if you are neglecting FG%, Burks is the top 93 player in that same stretch. The Cavs will play 4 games in the upcoming week and Burks could be a nice stream for owners looking for some points and threes.
- Nemanja Bjelica (36% owned) – Nemanja Bjelica is a sneaky top 70 player in standard 9-category H2H this year. In 24 games this season, he is averaging 11.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.0 steal and 1.5 3-pointers per game while shooting 54.5% from the field and 75.9% from the line. He started every game this season and did not yield his spot to Marvin Bagley just yet. In week 9, the Sacramento Kings will play 4 games and i could see 2-3 easy match ups where you can use Bjelica in deep leagues.
Week 9 Guide:
14 NBA teams playing 4 games:
Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers, Sacramento Kings, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, Memphis Grizzlies, Oklahoma City Thunder, Toronto Raptors, Philadelphia 76ers, Washington Wizards
16 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Brooklyn Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves, Charlotte Hornets, Orlando Magic, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Utah Jazz, Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Hawks, New Orleans Pelicans, Portland Trail Blazers, Denver Nuggets
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 9:
With 4 games:
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (36% owned) – 3-point specialist
- Jamychal Green (27% owned) – when JJJ is in foul trouble, Green is a nice play
- Thomas Bryant (5% owned) – good source of FG% and Rebs while Dwight Howard is out
With 3 games:
- Allen Crabbe (6% owned) – averaging 3.2 3-pointers per game in the last 6 games
- Jakob Poeltl (18% owned) – quite good lately as a source of FG%, Blks, and Rebs
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 9 game slate of December 8, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.nba.com/suns