Hello Fantasy Hoops Junkies! Week 12 of Fantasy Basketball is almost here. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 12. Most of the suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues
- Tyler Johnson (41% owned) – In the last 7 games, Tyler Johnson is averaging 15.1 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steal, and a solid 3.0 3-pointers per game, while shooting 45.3% from the field. In that stretch, the Miami Heat scored a 6-1 Win-Loss record and Johnson was ranked 98th in standard 9-category H2H. Among the teams playing 3 games in week 12, the Miami Heat has the most favorable schedule with match-ups against CLE, WAS and ATL. Tyler Johnson is a must add/stream in standard leagues while Goran Dragic is out.
- Tomas Satoransky (26% owned) – John Wall is out for the season. According to the latest Wojbomb, he is planning to undergo season-ending surgery on his left heel. The Washington Wizards will now have to rely on Tomas Satoransky to fill-in their starting point-guard duties once again. In 27 games last season from January 27 to March 29, Satoransky started for John Wall and he averaged 10.4 points, 4.2 rebounds, 6.0 assists, 1.1 steals, 1.0 3-pointer and just 1.8 turnovers per game while shooting an outstanding 53.6% from the field and 90.0% from the line. In that period, Satoransky was ranked 51st in standard 9-category H2H. His ability to contribute across the board with nice percentages can help fantasy owners who are looking for a PG. Tomas Satoransky is a must-own in standard leagues.
- D.J. Augustin (37% owned) – D.J Augustin is hot. In the last 2 games, he is averaging 22.0 points, 6.0 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2.5 3-pointers per game while shooting 52.0% from the field and 92.9% from the line. Augustin has not been really consistent this season but the Orlando Magic has the best schedule in week 12. They will have 4 favorable match-ups against CHA, CHI, MIN and LAC. Deep league owners might want to consider Augustin in the upcoming week and see how it goes.
- Terrence Ross (31% owned) – Just like D.J Augustin, Terrence Ross is feeling it in the last 2 games. He is averaging 16.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.0 steal and 3.0 3-pointers per game while shooting 50.0% from the field. He will also play 4 games in week 12 and he has a top-48 projection due to a favorable schedule. I will add and stream Ross in deep leagues if i need a 3-point specialist next week.
- Josh Hart (48% owned) – In the last 4 games, Josh Hart is averaging 11.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.8 steals, and 2.3 3-pointers per game while shooting 47.1% from the field. In that period, he is top 42 in standard 9-category H2H. He played an average of 30.8 minutes per game lately and is getting his groove back. Rajon Rondo will be out again for a while with grade 3 finger sprain and the Los Angeles Lakers will need Josh Hart to step up and put up defensive stats at the wing. The Lakers will play 3 games in week 12 including easy match-ups against NYK and MIN. Josh Hart is a nice short term pick-up and worthy of a speculative add in standard leagues.
Week 12 Guide:
9 NBA teams playing 4 games:
Orlando Magic, Oklahoma City Thunder, Atlanta Hawks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns, Charlotte Hornets, Toronto Raptors, Memphis Grizzlies, Dallas Mavericks
20 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Miami Heat, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards, Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee Bucks, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers, New Orleans Pelicans, Brooklyn Nets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Portland Trail Blazers, Los Angeles Clippers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, Utah Jazz, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs,
1 NBA team playing 2 games:
New York Knicks
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 12:
With 4 games:
- Justise Winslow (59% owned) – probably already owned in your league
- Kevin Huerter (10% owned) – up and down lately but i still trust him
- Nerlens Noel (11% owned) – steals and blocks specialist
- Mikal Bridges (22% owned) – finally posting the 3 and D stats
With 3 games:
- Thomas Bryant (23% owned) – low end big man stats with nice FT%
- Derrick White (12% owned) – tough week 12 schedule but he’s playing well lately and i might give him a try
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 9 game slate of December 29, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.nbcsports.com/