Hello Fantasy Basketball Fanatics! Week 13 of Fantasy Basketball is almost here. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 13. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- T.J. McConnell (7% owned) – In the last 3 games, T.J. McConnell is averaging 10.7 points, 3.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.3 steals while shooting an outstanding 65.0% from the field. In that period, he was ranked 92 in standard 9-category H2H. In that same 3-game stretch McConnell actually had more value than Trae Young, Damian Lillard and Mike Conley in 9-cat. The Philadelphia 76ers has the best schedule in week 13 because of 4 favorable match-ups against WAS (back-to-back), ATL and NYK. T.J. McConnell is a nice stream next week for owners in deep leagues looking for some assists and steals.
- Moe Harkless (9% owned) – Moe Harkless is rejuvenated. In his last 4 games he is averaging 8.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 2.3 blocks per game. In that stretch, he is top 34 in standard 9-category H2H and top 22 in punt assists. The Portland Trail Blazers will play 4 games in week 13 with 3 favorable match-ups versus NYK, CHI and CHA. Their lone tough match-up next week is against DEN. Moe Harkless is projected at top 70 value next week due to a nice schedule and i will add/stream him in deep leagues for his rebounds, steals and blocks.
- Derrick White (18% owned) – Derrick White is on a roll. In the last 4 games, he is averaging 15.8 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.5 steals, and 1.5 3-pointers per game while shooting 68.6% from the field and 75% from the line. He is the top 10 player in standard 9-category H2H in that 4-game span ahead of Paul George, Stephen Curry and Kemba Walker. The San Antonio Spurs has the least favorable schedule among the NBA teams playing 4 games in week 13. It includes tough match-ups against DET, MEM and back-to-back games versus OKC. But Derrick White is playing so much well to be ignored and he is a must-add in standard leagues right now.
- Wesley Matthews (38% owned) – Wesley Matthews is having a roller-coaster ride. After a strong start at the first 2 weeks of the season, he slowed down and he is outside the top 100 in standard 9-category H2H right now. The Dallas Mavericks will play 4 games in week 13 and they are one of the few teams with a nice schedule in the upcoming week. It includes favorable match-ups against LAL, PHO and MIN. Week 13 could be the best time to stream Matthews in deep leagues. He is projected with a value of top 90 next week and could be a big help for owners looking for cheap threes and steals.
- Reggie Bullock (18% owned) – In the last 10 games since returning from injury, Reggie Bullock is averaging a solid 3.3 3-pointers per game. But that’s just it. He is outside top 100 in that stretch due to his poor defensive stats. In week 13, the Detroit Pistons will play 4 games and favorable match-ups against SAS, LAL, SAC and LAC. While Bullock has not been really a force in 9-category leagues he can still be a good stream in deep leagues. He is projected with a top 90 value in the upcoming week because of a nice schedule. Feel free to take a flier on him and proceed with caution.
Week 13 Guide:
1 NBA team playing 5 games:
16 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Philadelphia 76ers, Milwaukee Bucks, Portland Trail Blazers, Detroit Pistons, Dallas Mavericks, Utah Jazz, Cleveland Cavaliers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards, San Antonio Spurs,
13 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Toronto Raptors, Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Hornets, Memphis Grizzlies, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Brooklyn Nets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns, New Orleans Pelicans, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 13:
With 5 games:
- Mason Plumlee (14% owned) – with a 5-game week, should be a solid stream if he will still play a lot of minutes.
With 4 games:
- D.J. Augustin (44% owned) – not so favorable schedule in week 13 but can still be a low end PG stream
- Terrence Ross (30% owned) – same case with Augustin (schedule), can be a source of threes in deep leagues
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 8 game slate of January 5, 2019 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: http://www.nba.com