Hello Fantasy Basketball Junkies! We’re already half way through the season and Week 14 is nearly here. If you want the top waiver wire options, you’ve come to the right place. In this piece, we’ll give you a list of free-agent players you need in week 14. The majority of suggestions can be found in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- DeAnthony Melton (8% owned) – DeAnthony Melton is averaging a pretty solid 2.3 steals and 1.0 block per game in the last 8 games. He doesn’t score much, but the defensive stats are sufficient to make him relevant in 9-category leagues. In that period, he is ranked 85 in standard 9-cat H2H. In fact, Melton had more value than Jamal Murray, Zach Lavine and Kemba Walker in 9-cat in that 8-game stretch. The Phoenix Suns is playing four games on week 14. They have tough matches with IND and POR and two favorable matches with CHA and MIN. Melton is a good stream for the next week and a nice speculative add for the rest of the season, as the Suns will soon be in a tanking mode.
- Richaun Holmes (27% owned) – Richaun Holmes remains outstanding this season in terms of per 36-minute averages. He is ranked 15 this season, ranked 11 last month and top 4 last week with averages of 19.6 points per 36, 7.5 rebounds per 36, 4.6 assists per 36, 2.9 steals per 36 and 2.3 blocks per 36. Like Melton (see item above), Holmes is a nice stream in week 14 because of the Suns schedule. He is also a good speculative add for the rest of the season. (Tanking Suns)
- Kevin Huerter (20% owned) – Kevin Huerter is the top 6 player in standard 9-category H2H of the January 11 NBA slate. His per 36-minute averages this season is actually not really good but it has already improved from rank 281 to 130 over the past week. The Atlanta Hawks will only play 2 games next week and that’s a pretty bad fantasy schedule, but I’m going to add Huerter because he’s a long- term pickup. Coach Lloyd Pierce spoke a lot about him recently and described him as a very good player. There’s no sign that he’s slowing down and Huerter ‘s just getting better.
- Reggie Bullock (24% owned) – Reggie Bullock still remains a 3-point expert. He has an average of 3.3 3-pointers per game in the last 14 games and he actually made more treys than J.J. Redick, Bradley Beal and Damian Lillard in that span. However, in the same period, he was only ranked 123 in standard 9-category H2H leagues. The Detroit Pistons play 4 games in week 14 and the owners of the deep leagues who are looking for treys might consider adding Bullock to their lineups. Due to a favorable schedule, He is projected to have a top 65 value in 9-cat for next week.
- Marcus Smart (18% owned) – If Reggie Bullock is a 3-point specialist (see item above) Marcus Smart is a steals specialist. His last match against the Miami Heat ended his 25-game streak of at least 1 steal per game. Marcus Smart has an average of 2.2 steals per game from November 17, 2018 to January 9, 2019. He also had an average of 8.6 points, 2.8 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.6 3-pointers per game during this period. He ranked 50th in standard 9-category H2H leagues in that range and 40th in punt FG% build. Deep league owners in particular with punt FG% lineups may want to see Marcus Smart in week 14. Due to favorable matches, He is projected to be at the top 53 in the coming week.
- Bryn Forbes (35% owned) – Bryn Forbes is currently having a 12-game streak of at least 1 3-pointer per game. Unlike Reggie Bullock (see item above), Forbes is inside top 100 of standard 9-category H2H rankings. He is averaging 14.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 0.8 steal and 2.8 3-pointers per game while shooting an outstanding 50.8% from the field and 93.3% from the line in the last 12 games. These numbers are enough to put him at top 67 in 9-cat. The San Antonio Spurs will play 4 games in week 14. They have the best schedule next week which includes easy match-ups against CHA, MIN and LAC. If i were to choose between Bullock and Forbes as a stream next week, i will go with Forbes.
Week 14 Guide:
8 NBA teams playing 4 games:
San Antonio Spurs, Charlotte Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Clippers, Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics, Memphis Grizzlies
18 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Portland Trail Blazers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Denver Nuggets, Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, Utah Jazz, Miami Heat, New Orleans Hornets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Los Angeles Lakers, Philadelphia 76ers, Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Brooklyn Nets, Toronto Raptors
2 NBA teams playing 2 games:
Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks
2 NBA teams playing 1 game:
Washington Wizards, New York Knicks
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 14:
With 4 games:
- Derrick White (55% owned) – probably already owned in your league, if he is available grab him
- Marvin Williams (58% owned) – also probably already owned in your league, if he is available i will stream him in week 14 due to a nice schedule
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 8 game slate of January 12, 2019 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/