Hello Fantasy Basketball Junkies! We’re already halfway through the season and Week 15 is starting. If you want the best waiver wire options, you’ve reached the right place. We will give you a list of free agent players you need during week 15. Most suggestions can be found in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Justin Holiday (33% owned) – Justin Holiday has an average of 8.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 3.3 steals and 1.3 3-pointers per game in the last three games. At that time, he was ranked 65th in the standard 9-category H2H as a fill- in starter for injured Kyle Anderson. The 3.3 steals rate is unsustainable and the 37.5% FG percentage is appalling, but I am still looking for Justin Holiday in week 15. He has the opportunity to contribute in threes and steals because of a favorable schedule. The Memphis Grizzlies will play four games, including easy matches against NOR, CHA and SAC.
- Bobby Portis (45% owned) – Bobby Portis has averaged 15.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.5 3-pointers per game in the last 2 games, shooting 48.0% from the field and 80.0% from the line. This was good for a top 110 ranking in the standard 9-category leagues and top 91 in punt blocks build. The Chicago Bulls will need to deploy Bobby Portis because Wendell Carter Jr. will likely be out for the remainder of the season. Even though Portis is more valuable in points leagues, he can also contribute in 9-category leagues. He can be a cheap source of points, threes and rebounds without your percentages being hurt. With favorable matches against CLE(2x) and ATL, the Chicago Bulls has the best schedule in week 15.
- Kenneth Faried (33% owned) – The Manimal is back! The former first round pick of the Denver Nuggets was recently waived by the Brooklyn Nets and will join the Houston Rockets to fill the enormous void left by the injured Clint Capela. Due to the scarcity of big men, the veteran forward will probably log heavy minutes in PF/C position and can be a good source of points, rebounds and FG%. Capela will miss a lot of time, and Faried is worthy of a speculative add. Due to a favorable schedule, he is projected to have a top 88 value in week 15.
- Jonathan Isaac (44% owned) – The season of Jonathan Isaac is a bit disappointing so far. During the pre-season, he had so much hype that he was drafted in many leagues early. At present, he is outside the top 100 of 9-category rankings with very dismal averages of 7.9 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.0 assist, 0.7 3-pointer, 0.7 steal and 1.0 block per game. I am still holding Isaac in deep leagues and the upcoming week 15 can be a chance for Isaac to redeem himself especially if Aaron Gordon will be out. He is projected with a top 59 value because of a favorable Orlando Magic schedule. Isaac still has a lot of upside to be ignored in deep leagues. This week 15, I will deploy him and hope that he will deliver the 1-1-1 cat we expected from him.
- D.J. Augustin (42% owned) –D.J. Augustin recently had 3 good games in a row wherein he averaged 14.7 points, 2.0 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 2.0 3-pointers while shooting 60.0% from the field. In that span, he actually had more value than Dennis Schroder, Malcolm Brogdon and Devin Booker in standard 9-category rankings. Augustin is inconsistent and doesn’t contribute in the defensive end. But he can help owners who are looking for 3-pointers and assists in week 15. Due to a favorable schedule that includes matches against ATL and WAS, he is projected to have top 89 value in the coming week.
Week 15 Guide:
18 NBA teams playing 4 games:
Chicago Bulls, Memphis Grizzlies, Oklahoma City Thunder, Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, Portland Trail Blazers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Toronto Raptors, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, New York Knicks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Washington Wizards, Sacramento Kings, New Orleans Pelicans
10 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Detroit Pistons, Brooklyn Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors, Philadelphia 76ers, Denver Nuggets
2 NBA teams playing 2 games:
Charlotte Hornets, Indiana Pacers
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 15:
With 4 games:
- Jamychal Green (38% owned) – low end big man contributor
- Nerlens Noel (7% owned) – the defensive stats are gem even in limited minutes
- Bam Adebayo (33% owned) – the defensive stats and the out-of-position dimes are nice
- Moe Harkless (3% owned) – he should stay healthy
- Jae Crowder (36% owned) – needs to be consistent because the coach loves him
- Mikal Bridges (25% owned) – threes and steals
- Patrick Beverley (16% owned) –short term value while Gallo and Lou Will is out
With 3 games:
- Ivica Zubac (28% owned) – still in a timeshare, just a speculative add
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 11 game slate of January 21, 2019 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image source: https://www.slamonline.com/nba