Hello Fantasy Hoops Community! We’re already in the middle of the season and Week 16 is about to start. If you want the best waiver wire options, you’ve gotten to the right place. We will give you a list of free agent players you need during week 16. Most suggestions can be found in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Jamychal Green (29% owned) – After a 2-game slump, Jamychal Green is back. In the last 2 games, he is averaging 14.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.0 steal, 1.0 block and 1.5 3-pointers while shooting 47.4% from the field and 87.5% from the line. He also played an average of 28.7 minutes per game and was ranked 93 in standard 9-category leagues in that period. The Memphis Grizzlies will play the best schedule in week 16 with matches against DEN, MIN, CHA, and NYK. Green could be traded before the deadline and that could affect his value, but as long as he’s in Memphis and plays close to 30 minutes, he will be a nice stream especially in a favorable schedule like in week 16.
- Marcus Smart (38% owned) – Marcus Smart has been valuable in standard 9-category leagues since he was relegated as a starter. He has averaged 9.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 2.1 steals and 1.8 3-pointers per game in 27 games from November 26, 2018 to date. These numbers may not look awesome to you, but it was enough to place him in the top 53 of the 9-cat rankings during that period. He was ranked 45 in punt FG build and even higher at 33 in punt points. The Boston Celtics has the 2nd best schedule in week 16 wherein they will play BKN, CHA, NYK and OKC. If I need some cheap stats other than points and FG% next week, I’ll look for Marcus Smart in deep leagues.
- Tyreke Evans (66% owned) – Victor Oladipo suffered a ruptured quadriceps tendon in his right knee during a game against the Raptors, and it ended his 2018-2019 NBA season. Tyreke Evans will now be tasked to carry the load left by the Pacers All-Star Guard. In the last 7 games, Evans is averaging 14.9 points, 2.7 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 0.6 steal, and 1.4 3-pointers while playing only 19.8 minutes per game. He is already named as the starter to replace Oladipo and we could see a significant bump in his usage rate. He has been up and down this season but we saw him improved since the start of the year. Tyreke Evans is worthy of a speculative add and let’s see if he is able to take advantage of the opportunity to shine as the starting guard of the Indiana Pacers.
- Shabazz Napier (6% owned) – Shabazz Napier played 28.7 minutes as the backup point guard of the Brooklyn Nets in their last game vs the New York Knicks. He scored 18 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 3-pointer. He shot badly from the field at 23.1% but faired better from the line at 91.7% with 12 Free Throw Attempts. With Spencer Dinwiddie out for 4-6 weeks, Napier can be valuable as a stream in deep leagues especially in week 16 where he is projected to have a top 88 value due to a favorable schedule.
- Mitchell Robinson (15% owned) – Mitchell Robinson is the top 81 player in standard 9-category leagues in the last 4 games. In that span he has more value than Domantas Sabonis, Hassan Whiteside and Andre Drummond. In week 16, the New York Knicks will play 4 games. They have the hardest schedule next week, because they will face DAL, BOS and MEM. But don’t sleep on Robinson because he has a lot of upside despite playing with limited minutes. He is projected to have a top 44 value in week 16 and i will add him in deep leagues where i need a boost in FG% and blocks.
Week 16 Guide:
9 NBA teams playing 4 games:
Memphis Grizzlies, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Denver Nuggets, Charlotte Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks
15 NBA teams playing 3 games:
San Antonio Spurs, Utah Jazz, Philadelphia 76ers, Dallas Mavericks, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Hornets, Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Bucks, Oklahoma City Thunder
5 NBA teams playing 2 games:
Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Cavaliers, Toronto Raptors, Minnesota Timberwolves
1 NBA teams playing 1 game:
Portland Trail Blazers
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 16:
With 4 games:
- Jeremy Lin (10% owned) – projected with top 88 value in 9-cat next week, assists and FT% streamer
- Cory Joseph (14% owned) – projected with top 87 value in 9-cat next week, low end PG stats
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 5 game slate of January 26, 2019 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image source: https://www.nba.com/