Hello Fantasy Basketball World! The NBA All-Star is just around the corner but before we enjoy the break, let us prepare for the upcoming week 17. If you want the best waiver wire options, you’ve gotten to the right place. We will give you a list of free agent players you need during week 17. Most suggestions can be found in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Mikal Bridges (27% owned) – Mikal Bridges is slowly and quietly getting there. In the last 3 months he is the top 94 player in standard 9-category leagues. Over the last 2 months he is top 60, last month he is top 44 and in the last 2 games he is top 21. In his last 14 games, he is averaging 8.1 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.8 steals, 1.4 3-pointers, and 0.9 block per game while shooting 49.4% from the field and 83.3% from the line. The Phoenix Suns will have a difficult schedule next week due to matches with HOU, UTA and GSW but Bridges is still projected with a top 32 value. I will add Bridges in deep leagues especially if i need those treys and steals.
- Thomas Bryant (42% owned) – Since starting at Center spot for the Washington Wizards, Thomas Bryant is averaging 10.1 points and 6.3 rebounds while shooting 65.8% from the field and 80.6% from the line. He is the top 87 player in standard 9-category leagues in that stretch. The Wizards will play the best schedule next week with match-ups against ATL, CLE and CHI. Thomas Bryant has a projected value of top 36 in week 17 because of the easy schedule. He is a nice stream next week and if coach Brooks won’t limit his minutes he can provide fantasy owners with solid big man numbers.
- Kevin Huerter (27% owned) – The return of both Taurean Prince and Kent Bazemore didn’t really affect the value of Kevin Huerter. In his last 2 games, Kevin is averaging 12.5 points, 3.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 3.5 3-pointers and 1.0 steal per game while shooting 47.4% from the field. He is the top 55 player in standard 9-category leagues during that span. Huerter is projected with a top 76 value next week with a slightly favorable schedule including matches with WAS and CHA. While Kevin is a nice stream next week, he is a strong ROS add as he may continue to log heavy minutes and can provide team managers with across the board stats.
- Maxi Kleber (8% owned) – The Dallas Mavericks just got overhauled, they sent Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, and Deandre Jordan to the New York Knicks in exchange for Kristaps Porzingis (may not play this season), Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee. This means more opportunities for Maxi Kleber as the Mavericks are left with no big men. Kleber is top 83 in per 36 averages in standard 9-category leagues over the last 2 weeks with 10.4 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.4 3-pointers, 1.0 steal and 1.8 blocks per 36 minutes. The Dallas Mavericks will only play 3 games in week 17 but Kleber is projected with a top 82 value in standard 9-cat. He is a nice stream in standard leagues and worthy of a speculative add for the rest of the season.
- Dwight Powell (28% owned) – Another player from the Dallas Mavericks that you may want to consider is Dwight Powell. (see item #4 above). Dwight’s per 36 minute averages this year are delightful. He is averaging 18.3 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.0 steal and 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes. For a big man, his per 36 percentages are pretty good too at 58.3% FG/36 and 73.8% FT/36. Like Kleber, Powell is worthy of a speculative add in standard leagues not only in week 17 but even beyond and let’s see if coach Carlisle will eventually unleash him.
Week 17 Guide:
9 NBA teams playing 4 games:
Washington Wizards, Indiana Pacers, Orlando Magic, Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings, Milwaukee Bucks, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns
20 NBA teams playing 3 games:
Toronto Raptors, Charlotte Hornets, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics, Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Brooklyn Nets, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers, Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Denver Nuggets, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks
1 NBA team playing 2 games:
Here are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 17:
With 4 games:
- Jeff Green (33% owned) – easy week 17 schedule, top 74 value
- Richaun Holmes (16% owned) – top 84 value in week 17
- D.J. Augustin (42% owned) – stream if you need boosts in assists and FT%
- Jonathan Isaac (54% owned) – is hot right now, if he was dropped in your league, grab him
With 3 games:
- Marcus Smart (42% owned) – very useful if you need treys, assists and steals, top 92 value
- Cory Joseph (10% owned) –low end PG stats
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article before the 12 game slate of February 2, 2019 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image source: https://www.mavsmoneyball.com