Week 3 of Fantasy basketball is still underway and whether you are dominating your league or currently losing, it won’t hurt to plan early for the upcoming week. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options at fantasy basketball you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 4. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Jerami Grant (46% owned) – OKC has 4 games in the succeeding week including some quality games against NOR, CLE and HOU. The Thunder is on a 4 game winning streak and Grant started in all those games wherein he averaged 14.5 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.3 3-pointers while shooting 61.8% FG. He is currently ranked outside of top 100 because of his poor free-throw shooting 58.6%. But Jerami is playing on a high level lately and was even the top 5 9-category player of the Nov 2 NBA slate. He is currently available in 54% of Yahoo leagues. I will add him with confidence in week 4.
- Mitchell Robinson (16% owned) – Before the start of the season, Enes Kanter was the favorite to start at center in New York but things changed quickly. Coach David Fizdale seemed to find his starting center in the 7-foot shot-blocker and the 36th overall pick of the 2018 NBA draft. Robinson responded with a top 6 9-category performance vs the Dallas Mavericks in the Nov 2 NBA slate. According to coach Fizdale, Mitch is a “superior natural defender” and hinted that he maybe the starting center of the Knicks for the rest of the season. NYK also has 4 games in week 4 and while he is a nice stream for next week, he is also a good speculative add for ROS.
- Justin Holiday (43% owned) – CHI only has 3 games in week 4 but those are quality games against NYK, NOR and CLE. And with Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen still out, Justin will persistently carry most of the scoring load for the Bulls. He is currently ranked 44th in standard 9-category H2H and will be a good source of points and threes for fantasy owners in week 4 and until the regular starters come back.
- PJ Tucker (33% owned) – Tucker is a surprise top 50 player in standard 9-category H2H right now. He is the anchor of the Houston Rockets defense and he’s playing an average of 36.2 minutes per game. If you are punting points, he is actually a top 25 player with averages of 6.0 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 2.0 steals, 0.9 blocks and 2.0 3-pointers with just 0.7 turnovers. The 4 games next week include tough match ups against IND, OKC and SAS. But with assured minutes at forward position, I would still gladly stream Tucker if I could and enjoy his 3 and D stats.
- Kelly Olynyk (32% owned)– Olynyk started the last 4 games alongside Hassan Whiteside wherein he averaged 11.8 points, 3.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.5 threes. He is a top 81 player in standard 9-category H2H in that span and with the Miami Heat having 4 games in the upcoming week he could be a nice stream if he continues to earn minutes because some of the Heat players (e.g. James Johnson) are still out.
- Terrence Ross (5% owned) – ORL has 4 games next week with 2 quality games against CLE and NYK. Ross could be a good source of threes and steals when he is hot and if Jonathan Simmons (wrist) will be out and with the recent injury of Jonathan Isaac (ankle), more opportunities might open up for Terrence Ross. The 3 and D wing could be a hit or miss but with the Magic having 4 games each for the next 2 weeks, he could be a nice stream.
Below are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 4:
With 4 games:
- Damyean Dotson (21% owned) – points and threes
- Jeremy Lin (5% owned) – points and FT%
- DeAndre Bembry (6% owned) – threes and steals
With 3 games:
- Boban Marjanovic (17% owned) – FG%, rebounds and blocks
- Garrett Temple (21% owned) – threes and steals
- Josh Okogie (11% owned) – rebounds and steals
- Shelvin Mack (3% owned) – points, threes and assists
- Antonio Blakeney (4% owned) – points and threes
- Sam Dekker (5% owned) – rebounds and steals
- Isaiah Canaan (2% owned) – threes
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article after the 8 game slate of November 2, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.sny.tv/ (Mandatory Credit: Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports)